Custom Image Pillow
Knitted Pixel Studio pillows make PERFECT GIFTS for any occasion. Give them in honor of a beloved pet, celebrate a new baby, a treasured memory of the grandkids, or design your own personal keepsake.
Why Knitted Pixel Studio pillows are better than other “picture” pillows:
* Your photo image is actually knitted to create the fabric for your custom pillow .... some pillows are merely printed on canvas. My unique process creates a richly textured fabric of your special image.
* My professional imaging software allows me to edit your photo for maximum detail. This results in a true likeness of the subject in your photo.
* Your custom pillow is created by me, a seamstress with over 50 years' experience in the craft, so you can be sure that your pillow is made to the highest standards.
* Pillow covers are backed with a luxurious, soft faux suede fabric that includes a generous zipper to facilitate easy cleaning of the knitted pillow cover.
* All pillows include a custom-made pillow insert in the appropriate size to fill your pillow. While other pillow makers may use pre-made standard pillow insert sizes, custom-made inserts ensure that your pillow is full and plump.
* You have a choice of trim and backing colors for your custom pillows so you can be sure they fit your décor and reflect your vision.
* I work with you every step of the process —— from selecting the right photo, to deciding on yarn, trim and backing colors.... all to make your Knitted Pixel Studio pillow YOUR pillow reflecting your style and taste, and providing you with the pillow you imagined.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR KNITTED PIXEL STUDIO CUSTOM PILLOWS
* A combination of mercerized cotton and Tencel yarn is used to knit your image.
* Your pillow is knit in two contrasting colors.
* You chose from a selection of two styles of trim in neutral colors, brush fringe and 3/8” cording.
* The pillows are NOT always perfectly square and range in size from 16” x 16” to 20” x20”. The size is influenced by the orientation of the subject in the photo and whether or not you choose to keep the background in the photo. Sometimes the background can enhance the image and sometimes it distracts from the main subject.
* The knitted image front is interfaced and lined to prevent stretching.
* A generous sized zipper is sewn in the back for easy cleaning.
* The custom pillow insert is made from a medium weight bleached cotton muslin, lined with high loft batting, and stuffed with Premium Poly-Fil.
* Knitted Pixel Studio pillows are washable: Machine wash *gentle cycle*, *cold water*, *lay flat to dry* - - DO NOT put in the dryer.
THE KNITTED PIXEL STUDIO PROCESS
Creation time averages 1- 2 weeks from receiving your photo to shipping. Lead times may vary during periods of high volume, holidays etc.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
* Choose two contrasting colors of yarn from the selections in the drop down menu. If you don’t see a color you like I can probably get it. If you can’t decide I will be happy to make suggestions.
* Choose a color for the back of the pillow cover from the selections.
* If you would like a trim on the pillow, you will then choose the trim from the drop down menu. There is an additional charge for trim.
* COMPLETE THE PURCHASE for your custom image pillow from Knitted Pixel Studio.
* Send me your photo through Etsy messaging. It can be full color or black and white. THE SHARPER THE BETTER. File types can be JPEG, PNG, PDF or PSD (Photoshop). You must own the photo.
WHAT I DO:
* Edit your photo to make it appropriate for knitting.
* Knit your photo on a vintage electronic knitting machine and turn it into beautiful fabric!
Professionally create the pillow with care and attention to detail. Every step of this process is completed by me to ensure the best results.
* Ship it to you or your gift recipient!! I am happy to add a note or card if this is a gift.
MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE KNITTED PIXEL STUDIO PROCESS
This unique process creates a richly textured fabric that is made into a luxury decorator pillow to give as a gift or display in any room in your home, on the sofa, your favorite chair or even a patio seating area (covered patio area recommended).
The design and creation process
The first and most specialized step is creating the custom fabric for the front of the pillow. Your photo image or graphic is edited with professional imaging software. The photo is then put through a dithering program & downloaded into a vintage computerized home knitting machine that knits the image which becomes the fabric.
The image will be knitted in two colors. This gives the most detail due to the nature of image dithering which creates the illusion of color and depth with a limited palette.
Once the knitted fabric is created it will be stabilized and prepared to be professionally sewn into your pillow, the backing is prepared with the zipper and trim is also added at this time, if chosen. When the pillow cover is completed the custom pillow insert will be made according to the measurements of the finished cover and placed inside to fill out the pillow. It is then carefully wrapped and packed for shipping. If this is a gift, I can include a special note from you to the recipient.
I spend a great deal of time and devote special attention to each pillow ----
and love every part of the process to provide you with a loved and lasting treasure. Many of my customers come back to order additional pillows once they see the quality. In addition to the luxury image throw pillows, custom image knitted fabrics can be created into tote bags (I have two styles), scarves & lap blankets.
Our custom image pillows can vary slightly in size and are not always perfectly square. This is due to your photo that we use to create the image. To get the most detail we allow the image to dictate the shape & size. They will range in size from 16” - 24” wide & 16” - 24” long. If you have specific measurements in mind please let us know when you place your order & we will do our best to make that happen.
- Your Custom knitted image pillow cover is washable. I do advise that you try and spot treat any stains first before washing in the washing machine. Blot, do not rub. Rubbing the knitted fabric too hard can cause pilling.
- Laundering instructions are on a tag inside the back zipper.
- You MUST remove the pillow cover from the white pillow insert (the part with the stuffing) before laundering.
- Wash in cold water and lay flat to dry & use a COOL iron if necessary.
- Your custom image is knitted & prone to snags and pulls if not properly cared for, just like a sweater.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
Custom items. (pillows & tote bags)
- KPS DOES NOT accept returns, exchanges, cancellations or refunds on any of our customized items.
- All of our knitted pieces are inspected for quality before shipping including snags & pulls of the yarn. We take full responsibility for our work.
- Please inspect your item carefully as soon as you receive it.
- Take care when you open the shipping box DO NOT USE A KNIFE.
- If an item is damaged during delivery, we must be notified within 2 business days of delivery.
- Any damage incurred by shipping should be addressed by the customer to the shipping agent.
All non-custom items
- We do accept returns, refunds & exchanges on all of our non-custom items.
- You have 10-15 days after receiving the item to contact us.
Orders with-in the US
- We offer free shipping
- All custom items are shipped via USPS Express Mail.
- We will send you the tracking number when it ships.
- Smaller non custom items are shipped standard mail unless other wise requested.
- Express shipping of smaller non-custom items is possible but must be paid for by the customer.
Orders to Canada & UK
- There is a flat $15 charge for all orders shipping to Canada & the UK.
- All Custom items are shipped USPS International Mail Service
- We will provide a tracking number when it ships.